CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations Day Classes
COURSE DESCRIPTION FOR CERTIFICATE 2 IN SECURITY OPERATIONS
LITE Security offers qualifications in CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations in Melbourne. Participants for Combined Unarmed Guard/Crowd Control need to complete Nineteen (19) units.
This program is delivered in a classroom based study and practicals that includes simulated workplace environments.
As per LRD requirements the combined Unarmed Guard & Crowd Control licence course (as a minimum) can be delivered over the duration of 17 days of full time study 128 hours face-to-face per course.
USI – UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER
It is a requirement for new or continuing students undertaking Nationally Recognised Training to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). You will not be able to receive your qualification for Cert II in Security Training if you do not have your USI prior to training. If you do not have your USI it can easily be obtained by clicking this link. https://www.usi.gov.au/
Please apply for your USI prior to enrolling in your selected course of study.
National Code: CPP20212
CRICOS Code: 092221C
Duration: 17 Days – 8am – 4pm 128 Total Hours
Tuition Fees: $950
Course Description For Cert 2 In Security Training
The Certificate II in Security Operations seeks to provide perspective candidates seeking a career in the Security Industry with key skills in areas of Security Operations, Law and Conflict Management and Resolution. Given the current context in which the industry operates in, all candidates must have basic to intermediate skills in the English language, have excellent presentation and a willingness to listen and participation in this qualification.
The Certificate II in Security Operations is clustered into 4 areas comprising of the following:
- Risk Management and Conflict Resolution
- Client Services and The Security Industry
- Security Operations
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.5 in all areas
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent or a Certificate IV
- Students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of the course
Mode of Delivery
This program is delivered face to face within a classroom environment. A simulated workplace environment is utilised for the conduct of practical assessments scenarios and role plays.
The qualification is designed for people who wish to work in Manpower sector of the private security industry. Typical clients include:
- Persons with no or little workplace experience who are seeking to enter part-time or fulltime employment
- Persons with related experience such as prior employment within police or defence force who are seeking to transition into civilian employment
- Persons with prior experience within the private security industry and who are required to update their qualifications to meet licensing requirements
Successful completion of this qualification provides the necessary competencies to apply to Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division for a Private Security Individual Licence for the categories of Crowd Controller and Security Guard (Unarmed Guard).
All potential learners are advised upon enrolment of the following information:
- Persons under the age of 18 years are not eligible to apply to Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division for a Private Security Individual Licence;
- AQF certification and course completion documentation issued by licenced and approved Registered Training Organisations is only recognised by Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division for licensing purposes for a period of 12 months from the date of issuance;
Probity requirements apply to security licensing, with the list of offences which prohibit a person from being granted a Victorian Private Security Individual Licence being listed at http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=30203
Day classes are scheduled from 8:30am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, with a 30 minute lunch break scheduled from 12:30pm to 1:00pm for each day of the training program.
Night classes are scheduled from 6:00pm to 10:00pm Monday to Friday for 34 evenings.
The course consists of the following units of competency:
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- CPPSEC1003A Apply security procedures for the responsible service of alcohol
- CPPSEC2010A Protect safety of persons
- CPPSEC2011B Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
- CPPSEC2017A Protect self and others using basic defensive tactics
- CPPSEC3002A Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3005A Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques
- CPPSEC3017A Plan and conduct evacuation of premises
- CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
- TLIE2007A Use communication systems
Assessments For Certificate 2 In Security Operations
Assessment methods include written assignments, tests, projects, case studies, role plays and practical demonstrations.
Call Now And Book Your Cert 2 In Security Operations Today!
If you’ve been thinking of getting your Certificate II in Security Operations, book yours today!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 128 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Self